Join us Sunday, September 10 to learn about sustainable food production and help expand a market garden and demonstration food forest garden!
This public, hands-on garden workday will expand an already existing market garden and add a demonstration food forest at the Transformation Village in Vallejo, providing an opportunity to learn about permaculture, food forests, earthworks, and garden expansion projects.
This project is in partnership with the Transformation Village and the Vallejo Project.
Day 2: Sunday, September 10-Earthworks/Irrigation
- Learn how to plant a perrennial food forest and lay irrigation for daily, sustainable watering.
- Volunteer tasks: Move woodchips, plant trees and other plants, and lay irrigation lines.
* Wear closed toe shoes, sun protection, bring gloves and water
* Lunch will be provided
*Bring your own lunch if you have special dietary needs
- Please wear closed toe shoes and sun protection! (i.e. hat and sunscreen)
- Bring working gloves, a water bottle, and a lunch.
- You will NOT need a copy of your ticket.
- If you are under 18: your legal guardian must sign a release of liability when you check-in.
- Volunteers should not attend the event if they feel unwell.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Date(s) - Sun, Sep 10, 2023
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Solano Dream Center (formerly The Christian Help Center)
2166 Sacramento St., Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location