“Leontyne & Me” is a new musical drama based on the life and impact of legendary African American soprano Leontyne Price, which tells a twofold story of a young African American violist and opera’s greatest Prima Donna overcoming racial barriers.
Please prepare a monologue, song and bring a headshot. This is a Non-Equity Showcase.
- The Griot; Narrator. Mature Female. 30-35 yrs. African-American
- Leontyne Price: Soprano, African American, 34 yrs.
- Sabrina James: Budding Violist. 14 yrs. African American
- Ms. Lee: Sabrina’s Mother. 39 years old. African American
- William Warfield: Opera Singer, bass baritone. 41 yrs. African American
- Florence Kimball: Leontyne’s Vocal Coach. Female. White. 71 yrs.
- Simon Estes: Bass Baritone, Opera singer. Male. African American African 23 yrs.
- Grace Bumbry: Mezzo-Soprano. Opera Singer. Female. African American 24 yrs.
- George Shirley: Tenor. Opera Singer. Male. African American 27 yrs.
- Frank Talpin: NY Metropolitan Opera, Board member. Male. White. 30 yrs.
- Rudolf Bing: NY Metropolitan Opera, Manager. White. 40 yrs.
- Charlie Spain: A Handsome Jock. 14 yrs. Male African American
- Starr Freed: Fine and Sexy. 14 yrs.. Female. African American
- Juice-Eye Watts: Pot Head. 14 yrs. Female. African American
- Julio ‘Shy’ Cru: Gentle. 13 yrs. Puerto-Rican. Male.
- Kenny Butcher: School Bully. 14 yrs. Male. African American
- Bobo Bass: Class Clown. 14 yrs. Female. African American
- 3 Dancers: Male and female of various Cultures.
Meja Pannell-Tyehimba, Playwright
Tasya Abbot, Composer
Mary Guzman, Director
Ava Squares, Choreographer
For further information call: 707-552-0400
Date(s) - Sat, Nov 18, 2023
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
51 Daniels Avenue, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Poetry by the Bay - Wed, Dec 27, 2023 - 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm