Please join us for a special afternoon with local author, Corliss Carazza, author of “Cut Open the Sky: The Story of Connie Castro Jackson” Saturday, March 18th at 4pm!
Connie Castro Jackson was born in the San Joaquin Valley labor camps of California during the Great Depression to her white mother who had fled Oklahoma’s Dust Bowl and a Filipino man who worked beside her in the camps.
From a very early age, Ms. Jackson recognized in herself the ability to see spirits, but also struggled against racism and a sense of inferiority. Eventually, she broke free from her beginnings to build a career as a psychic, channeler, and spiritual advisor. Author Corliss Corazza brings to life Ms. Jackson’s salty wit and common sense advice in this as-told-to story of one woman’s spiritual journey and the development of her psychic abilities. A heartwarming embrace from a talented empath and a resource full of useful wisdom, “Cut Open the Sky” is a book for readers who are interested in the migrant laborer’s plight as well as the spiritual side of life.
Ms. Corazza is a retired educator from Northern California and a close friend and student of the late Connie Castro Jackson. A believer in life-long learning, Ms. Corazza embraced the ideology of the metaphysical as a logical, creative -and therefore spiritual- approach to living. She resides in the Bay Area with her husband Dave, goldendoodle Sophia, and twin orange tabbies. “Cut Open the Sky” is her first book.
Books will be available for purchase and for Corliss to sign.
Date(s) - Sat, Mar 18, 2023
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
624 Marin St, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Book Club: "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" by Joan Didion - Thu, Mar 23, 2023 - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Book Release Event: Bitter Medicine by Mia Tsai - Sat, Mar 25, 2023 - 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Book signing & reading: The Wolfman by Ricardo Zegri - Sun, Mar 26, 2023 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- March Book Club: "Sign My Name to Freedom" by Betty Reid-Soskin - Thu, Mar 30, 2023 - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- April Poetry Month Kickoff: Vallejo Poets - Tue, Apr 11, 2023 - 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Young Vallejo Poets: Voices of The Future - Thu, Apr 13, 2023 - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm