Aki Kumar left his native home in Mumbai, India for the United States with the intention of working as a software engineer. Then he discovered the sounds of the blues, and his life changed dramatically.
One of the hardest working artists on the music scene today, this San Jose-based musician has successfully blended elements of Indian music into his musical and visual presentation, making for a multi-cultural mash-up that sounds like no one else, yet never loses touch with the inspiration it draws from the blues. He has made multiple appearances at The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival, has been featured on PRI “The World,” and has toured in Russia, Scandinavia and South America.
Date(s) - Wed, Jun 28, 2023
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Empress Theatre Lounge
324 Virginia St., Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Mad Hatter Parade Party – Andy Santana and West Coast Playboys - Sat, Dec 2, 2023 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Baxter Robertson - Wed, Dec 6, 2023 - 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Evan Thomas Blues Band - Wed, Dec 13, 2023 - 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Aki Kumar – Bollywood Blues - Wed, Dec 20, 2023 - 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Timm Walker, Willy Jordan and Bob Welsh - Wed, Dec 27, 2023 - 12:00 am
- Kid Anderson and John “Blues” Boyd - Wed, Jan 3, 2024 - 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Blues Defenders - Wed, Jan 10, 2024 - 12:00 am
- Terrie Odabi - Wed, Jan 17, 2024 - 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Terrie Odabi - Wed, Jan 17, 2024 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm