Art galleries, exhibitions and shows often require several documents to be considered: A show proposal, an Artist’s Statement, an Artist’s “Bio” and a resume. In this workshop, we’ll take a specific look at the Artist’s Statement and the Artist’s Bio. Often thought of as one in the same, but by many considered to be completely separate.
A “bio” provides the reader with a story about you as an artist, your history, how you got where you are as an artist.
A “statement” is often times more about the work you are showing at the time, your inspiration, materials you use, style and the vision you have.
Bring your current information with you to this workshop and we will together go through what works best for you. As a group we’ll help each other improve our stories and peak the interests of our patrons and customers.
Sign up by visiting us at 350 Georgia St. Vallejo, CA 04590 or contacting us at:
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHubVallejo/
Phone: 707 561 6514
Materials needed: Your preferred method of taking notes: paper, pencil/pen, laptop, tablet. Please, no recorders.
Target Audience: All artists, new, seasoned, re-emerging. Preferably 16-100 yrs of age.
Workshop fees: $15 ages 16-54
$12 ages 55 and up
$10 for volunteers and Hub Members
Date(s) - Sun, Aug 14, 2016
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia Street, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Jan 25, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- White Elephant Sale - Fri, Jan 26, 2018 - 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- White Elephant Sale - Sat, Jan 27, 2018 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Age of Aquarius Paint Party - Sun, Jan 28, 2018 - 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Feb 8, 2018 - 7:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Feb 22, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Mar 8, 2018 - 7:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Mar 22, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm