We need your help in getting out the vote for “ABC: Arts Beautification and Community Development”. A Participatory Budget Ballot Measure.
This $95,000. proposal opens up the possibility for us to receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants for Vallejo that require matching funds. Money that can help us to improve our image, enrich our downtown Arts and Entertainment District and help create identity and pride in our neighborhoods.
- Mobile video tours of our historic architecture and public art (also galleries, museums and links to events) will encourage tourism and promote cultural education of our youth and citizens.
- Quality professional murals will add diversity, beauty and a sense of fun, helping create a more dynamic downtown arts and entertainment district.
- Creative signage, landmark sculpture and landscaping will help create identity and pride in 2 pilot Vallejo neighborhoods, engaging neighbors in a collaborative process that we hope to bring to all neighborhoods in Vallejo.
Matching grant money will make it possible for us to increase the arts within schools and neighborhoods, create cool mobile public art for community events like the 4th of July and Second Fridays, and create the possibility of so many other things we can only dream of now!
- Click Send. Email a personalized note like this one to your Vallejo friends and colleagues to promote ABC. Anyone over the age of 16 who lives or works in Vallejo can vote!
- Social Media. Share the attached flier, a personal appeal letter or the upcoming 30-second video on Facebook, Twitter or other social media you use. Remember, you can select just Vallejo friends when posting on Facebook. Our Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/
pages/ABC-Vallejo-a- Participatory-Budgeting-Grant/ 725745024147668
- Talk it Up! Print out fliers, put them up around town, sing the ABC song to everyone you know and help get out the vote!
The first vote and PB fair will be at the waterfront. Saturday, September 27th, 12:00 pm. – 4:00 p.m. north of the Ferry Building. Voting runs through October 6th at four locations and every weekday at City Hall 12 noon to 7:00 p.m. September 29th through October 6th.
Thank you — Vallejo Arts Alliance and the Vallejo Community Arts Foundation
The dates of the Participatory Budgeting vote are September 27 through October 6. This project is one of many developed through the CIty of Vallejo’s Participatory Budgeting process. For more information, please visit pbvallejo.org. You may vote for up to five projects.
Date(s) - Sat, Sep 27, 2014
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Vallejo CA - Multiple Sites
Upcoming events at this location