Award-wining pianist and leading authority on American Popular Song Richard Glazier will perform at the Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum on Sunday, March 19 at 2:00 p.m. in a concert entitled “He’s Playing our Song! Great Music from the Stage and Screen.”
Glazier began studying piano at age 6, and his love of the American Popular Songbook began at age 9 thanks in part to the encouragement of Ira Gershwin, with whom he corresponded by letter before meeting Gershwin in-person at age 12. He received an Alumni Achievement Award in 2007 from the Cleveland Institute of Music, where he received his Doctorate of Musical Arts, and he has also won multiple international piano competitions. Glazier has performed in numerous venues around the world, and has hosted three nationally broadcasted, award-winning television specials on PBS.
Tickets to the concert are $20 for general admission and $15 for seniors and museum members, and will only be sold at the door. The Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum is located at 734 Marin Street. For more information visit the Museum’s website.
Date(s) - Sat, Feb 18, 2017
Vallejo Naval & Historical Museum
734 Marin St, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Vallejo Open Studios Opening Reception - Fri, Oct 20, 2017 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Free Family Day - Sat, Oct 21, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- If These Walls Could Talk! 2017 Annual Fall Fundraiser - Sat, Nov 4, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Free Family Day - Sat, Nov 18, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Free Family Day - Sat, Dec 16, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm