Bay Area Stage Productions Presents:
Once Upon a Mattress
Directed by Faustino Cadiz
July 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
Friday and Saturday shows at 8:00pm, Sunday shows at 3:00pm
THE BAY AREA STAGE BROADWAY THEATRE
515 Broadway Street, Suite H.
WHEN: Monday May 22, 2017 (7:30pm-10:00pm)
Wednesday May 24, 2017 (7:30pm-10:00pm)
WHERE: THE BAY AREA STAGE BROADWAY THEATRE
515 Broadway Street, Suite H.
WHAT TO PREPARE: Please bring headshot, resume, and list of conflicts and schedules. Please also bring sheet music (no recordings please) of one comedic/upbeat musical theatre piece (in the style of the show) and one musical theatre piece that shows your vocal range in your own key with preparation of 16-32 bars. You may be asked to sing both songs fully.
WHEN: Wednesday May 31, 2017
Thursday June 1, 2017
WHERE: (Same as auditions)
WHAT TO PREPARE: Prior to callbacks, sides and songs from the show will be emailed.
Monday thru Thursday 7:00pm-10:00pm with some Saturdays and later night rehearsals closer to performance dates. A full general rehearsal schedule will be available at callbacks; updated scene schedules will be available at first rehearsal. Rehearsals begin Saturday June 3, 2017 through July 13, 2017. All scheduled rehearsals are mandatory once put on schedule. All cast is called for mandatory first rehearsal on Saturday, June 3, 2017.
-Princess Winnifred of Woebegone (Mezzo-Belt) – free thinking outspoken princess, not mannerly sophisticated but highly intelligent; comedic powerhouse
-Prince Dauntless (Baritone) – sweet and naïve with a likeable sense of innocence; kept solely under mothers wing entire life, yearns for change but doesn’t know how
-Queen Aggravain (Alto) – overbearing mother to her son and kingdom; loud, cunning with natural comedic flair
-King Sextimus – understanding, gentle, and lecherous ruler of the kingdom; mute by a curse and communicates through gestures and mime
-Lady Larkin (Soprano) – romantic, idealistic, resourceful, and madly in love with Sir Harry
-Sir Harry (Tenor) – dashing, prideful, mannerly knight in love with Lady Larkin
-Minstrel – charismatic narrator of the story
-Jester – energetic right hand of the king
-Wizard – egotistical right hand of the queen
-Ensemble/Chorus of Princesses, Knights, and Medieval Troupes
*special skills – not limited to acrobatics, whistling, juggling, tap-dancing, etc. – are highly encouraged*
If there are any questions feel free to contact the stage manager (Ashira Macy) via facebook!
Date(s) - Mon, May 22, 2017 - Wed, May 24, 2017
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Bay Area Stage Theatre on Broadway
515 Broadway St, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Once Upon a Mattress - Auditions - Mon, May 22, 2017 - Wed, May 24, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Fri, Jul 14, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Sat, Jul 15, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - Sun, Jul 16, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Fri, Jul 21, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - Sun, Jul 23, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Fri, Jul 28, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - The Musical - Sat, Jul 29, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Once Upon a Mattress - Sun, Jul 30, 2017 - 3:00 pm