6:00 PM Screening
7:30 PM Discussion
$3 – $5 Donation
A documentary that charts a history of the American education system and offers a deep look into one new approach to learning.
Kids spend almost all their school days on things they don’t care about, things they’ll never use and things that they memorize just to forget two weeks later. The age of education being about acquiring knowledge is gone. Knowledge is everywhere, and nearly free. It’s attached to any Internet-connected device. Instead, kids need some softer skills: independent thinking, working with others, decision-making.
Free of negativity, the film inspires its audiences with a sense of purpose and possibility, and is bringing school communities together in re-imagining what our students and teachers are capable of doing.
Date(s) - Sat, Jan 23, 2016
Artiszen Cultural Arts Center
337 Georgia Street, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Under the Weight of 45 - Sat, Feb 24, 2018 - 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Under the Weight of 45 - Sun, Feb 25, 2018 - 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Birthday Party for Dr. Seuss - Sat, Mar 3, 2018 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Alicia - Sat, Mar 10, 2018 - 4:00 pm
- Alicia - Sat, Mar 10, 2018 - 7:30 pm