A new Exhibit for Display and Consignment.
Work Media: All media accepted. With the Summer Season beginning, subject matter that is light and expressive is requested but not limited.
Work Size: Max size: wall art 6×6 ft. Sculpture 50 lbs
- Cover letter describing exhibition proposal, including email and phone
- Up to ten (10) digital images via email is preferred. Images should be presented in JPEG format,size set to 300 dpi resolution, 4x 6 image size, approximately.
- Artist biography, including educational background
- Send above to
Exhibit Timeline: June 2 through July 31, 2016
Entries Due: Any time up to May 30, 2016
Selection Process: The Hub is dedicated to local artists and gallery space is limited; therefore, accepted work will be on a first come first served basis with local artists’ work as first consideration. “Local artists” at this time is defined as artists from the Vallejo, Benicia, and American Canyon area and then to the extended Solano County area. A standby list will be maintained in the event that an accepted artist is unable to participate.
Notification to artist: Email notification will be the preferred method, otherwise via phone.
- All works submitted must be ready to display properly and securely, (i.e. ready to hang with wire attached on the back, “no sawtooth” hangers accepted).
- All works must have the title, artist’s name, dimensions, contact # and price on the back or other appropriate location that would not show (i.e. bottom of a sculpture).
- All artists must have a current gallery agreement and liability release completed at the start of the show.*
- All artists must provide a personal bio at the start of the contract. (8×10 typed, no less than 10 pt.)
- All art will be hung by the curator and crew, only.
- Art that is sold will be surrendered to the customer at the time of sale, or may remain on exhibit to end of show.
Reception: Informal reception may be held on June 5, 2-4 PM.
Exhibit or Event Ends: July 31, 2016
Pickup Artwork by: All work will be removed and ready for pickup on Tuesday, August 2, 2016. Artists wishing to extend their contracts must notify the Hub by July 29, 2016 to reserve space if available.. All other work must be picked up by August 6.
Sales: Sales of work are on a commission basis and specifics are defined in the Artist Agreement. Shipping or special packaging is the responsibility of the Artist.
For more information please contact the Hub Curators by visiting us at the Hub, or: via email: or
Message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehubvallejo
Date(s) - Sun, May 1, 2016 - Mon, May 30, 2016
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia Street, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Hula Hoop for Fun and Exercise - Sat, Nov 18, 2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Nov 18, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Family Concert at the Hub - Sat, Nov 18, 2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Basic Watercolor Class - Sun, Nov 19, 2017 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Hula Hoop for Fun and Exercise - Sat, Nov 25, 2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Dec 2, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Dec 14, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Dec 16, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Figure Drawing/Painting Session - Wed, Dec 20, 2017 - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Dec 28, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Jan 11, 2018 - 7:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Jan 25, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Feb 8, 2018 - 7:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Feb 22, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Mar 8, 2018 - 7:30 pm
Tags Call for Art