Spring into Action! Draw, Paint, Sculpt… Like Your Heart’s in It!!!
It’s a new year and creativity has never had so much opportunity. Show us what you’ve got in your heart! All types of original art will be considered and welcome.1
Exhibit Dates and Location: February 8 through April 2, 2017
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia St. (Corner of Georgia and Marin)
Vallejo, CA 94590
Work Media: All media accepted.
Available wall space: Approximately 7 x 7 feet
Work Size: Max size: wall art 6×6 ft. Sculpture 50 lbs
Entry Fees: Per exhibit $40 or 16 hours of volunteer work.
Entry Requirements (Application): *
Cover letter describing exhibition proposal, including email and phone
Up to ten (10) digital images via email is preferred. Images should be presented in JPEG format, 4x 6” image size, approximately, with Title, Dimensions, Media and Price information for each.
Artist biography/statement, including (but not limited to) educational background, experience, vision and direction.
Use our application, found on our website, thehubvallejo.com, thehubvallejo.com/hub-exhibit-sign-up-form/ (preferred) or send the above information to .
Entry Applications Due: Any time, but no later than January 27, 2017. Entries will be considered on a “first come, first served” basis and subject to space limitations.
Deliver/Drop-off Artwork Deadline:
Monday, February 6, 2017, 12 noon – 4pm
Work may be dropped off by appointment only, before this date.
Selection Process: The Hub is dedicated to local artists and gallery space is limited; therefore, accepted work will be on a first come first served basis with local artists’ work as first consideration. “Local artists” are defined as artists from the Vallejo, Benicia, and American Canyon area, then extended to Solano County and beyond. A standby list will be maintained in the event that an accepted artist is unable to participate.
Notification to artist: Email notification will be the preferred method, otherwise via phone.
- All works submitted must be ready to display properly and securely, (i.e. ready to hang with wire attached on the back).
- All works must have the title, artist’s name, dimensions, media, contact # and price on the back or other appropriate location that would not show (i.e. bottom of a sculpture).
- All artists must have a current gallery agreement and liability release completed by the deliver/drop-off date.*
- All artists must provide a personal bio by the entry date*. (8×10 typed, no less than 10 pt.)
- All art will be hung and taken down by the curator and crew, only.
- Art that is sold will be surrendered to the customer at the time of sale, or may remain on exhibit to end of show.
- Reception: Informal reception may be mid March. (or TBA)
Exhibit or Event Ends: April 2, 2017
Pickup Artwork by: All work will be removed and ready for pickup on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. Storage space is limited at the Hub. All work must be picked up by April 9, 2017.
Sales: Sales of work are on a commission basis and specifics are defined in the Artist Agreement. Shipping or special packaging is the responsibility of the Artist.
For more information please contact the Hub Curators by visiting us at the Hub, or via email:
Leave a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehubvallejo
Date(s) - Wed, Feb 8, 2017
The Hub Community Center for the Arts
350 Georgia Street, Vallejo
Upcoming events at this location
- Horseneck - Wed, Jun 28, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- Tooling Leather Class - Fri, Jun 30, 2017 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Jul 1, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Goodie Art Sale - Sat, Jul 1, 2017 - Sun, Jul 9, 2017 - 11:00 pm - 5:00 am
- Dance Tribe - Thu, Jul 6, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Understanding Crochet Patterns for Beginners - Sun, Jul 9, 2017 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Jul 13, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Jul 15, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Watercolor Painting Class - Land or Sea Scape - Sun, Jul 16, 2017 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Figure Drawing/Painting Session - Wed, Jul 19, 2017 - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Dance Tribe - Thu, Jul 20, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- James and the Giant Peach (Opening Night) - Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Band Nght: Vanessa Silberman, Carissa Johnson and Local Talent TBA - Sun, Jul 23, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Jul 27, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- James and the Giant Peach - Sat, Jul 29, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Paint on a Silk Scarf - Sun, Jul 30, 2017 - 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Dance Tribe - Thu, Aug 3, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Fantasy Role Playing - Sat, Aug 5, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- James and the Giant Peach - Sat, Aug 5, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Poetry by the Bay - Thu, Aug 10, 2017 - 7:30 pm