In November of 2013 a group of artists that would become the Vallejo Arts Alliance met to collaborate on a brighter future for downtown Vallejo. It was decided to build a central web site to gather information about all the events and players, both to help us keep in touch with each other and to promote our activities to the outside world.
This is that web site.
Our goal is to provide the most awesome Events Calendar and Directory of Cultural Resources for Vallejo, and to promote it widely throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. This site currently offers:
- A comprehensive and searchable Events Calendar
- Listings for Cultural Resources, promoting educational and community organizations
- RSS and iCal feeds allow you to automatically receive event updates to your computer, mobile device or web site.
This site will not promote political candidates or groups with a religious agenda. Our goal is to be accessible and not to alienate any particular group by appearing to favor another. There are some gray areas – for example, a Jazz concert at the local Zen Center or a Gospel show at a church may listed for the music. We’ll do out best to exercise discretion in what we choose to publish.
The site is currently managed by Gretchen Zimmermann of Gardenside Studio, with the occasional help of a few volunteers.
As of May 2014, all work on this site has been 100% volunteer. The site hosting, theme development and domain registration are all donated. The continued growth and maintenance of this site is a huge undertaking. In order for it to be sustainable it needs to start giving back to its creators. The next steps are to:
- Launch an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for the next phase of development.
- Develop printed materials – postcards and fliers - to get the word out beyond downtown.
- Seek out advertisers and sponsors for banner ads and other promotional spots on the site.
- Launch new promotional campaigns.
- Continue to develop and refine the contents, appearance and usefulness of the site.